Re: New pics?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 19, 2001 at 10:50:37 PST:

I am currently adding photos that I took during my recent trip, as fast as my time permits. The Groom pictures did not come out too good, but I'll post a series soon.
The open hangar door was seen in the morning. I have a few shots that clearly show the door of hangar 5 open, and one shows some kind of object in front of it, but due to the poor quality it is impossible to tell what it is.
What Gary describes was something we saw at night, and first thought it was an open hangar door lit from the inside. Turns out it was two open garage doors next to each other, probably building 16 in our building map.

The poor quality of my photos is mainly due to the fact that my camera does not fully support mirror lockup. As a result the vibrations caused by the moving mirror, amplified by the large magnification, cause the images to be blurry. A 2x converter on my 1250mm C-5 is about as high as I can go without blurring.
I am afraid for better pictures I would have to invest a lot more in equipment, which unless I find a sponsor is out of the question for now. Sorry.

In Reply to: New pics? posted by Magoo on July 19, 2001 at 6:12:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]