Re: Anyone for shared supply caching?

Message posted by JB737 on October 10, 2007 at 23:18:20 PST:

Frank,

You're a genius! Is your particular unit more like a sheet-metal school locker, a "job box", a self-rollup door into a chain-link area, or ....? For just myself it wouldn't matter much, but if using a unit for both personal and community stuff, it would be nice if there was a way to secure a trunk/case/locker or whatever within the unit. Maybe a larger unit with room for a few individuals' footlockers, plus community space, would make sense.

Now I just have to make a longer list of stuff to leave in Vegas, to make it cost effective.

What a great way to make sure that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :-)

But on a more serious note, it solves the problem of what to do with airline-unfriendly stuff like a hiking stove, fix-a-flat, a pickaxe, etc. Plus, it does allow buying more durable things like sturdy 3 or 5 gallon water jugs instead of 1 and 2.5 gallon flimsy ones, etc.

I would probably also leave some older low-value camera equipment there, and some desert-hiking-specific clothes and boots, laundry detergent, Vegas coupon books, etc. Plus some tools purchased in NV to stay in NV.

JB737

In Reply to: Re: Anyone for shared supply caching? posted by Frank Stamm on October 10, 2007 at 20:54:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]