Re: Typical Badger Spring snow-blockage dates?

Message posted by JB737 on September 11, 2007 at 12:40:47 PST:

Thank you, Chuck. I guess I will have to wait and see what the weather conditions and forecast are like, with a good chance of not being able to drive in.

If conditions are bad for driving and OK for hiking, I'll hike in from Hancock Summit. From Hancock, I would wear Kevlar brush/forest-fire pants so that my legs don't have to take another 75 flesh wounds from the flora as they did on Easter.

Ascending the steep part at Tikaboo does not scare me as much as descending it. I ascend better than descend, so any very marginal ascent leaves me looking for an alternate route down. Even on June 30, I descended directly via the fairly tough sliding-scree sideslope (below cliffs on the other side of the rock outcrop) to avoid coming down the steep part.

aka JB737

In Reply to: Re: Typical Badger Spring snow-blockage dates? posted by Chuck Clark on September 11, 2007 at 6:21:13 PST:


[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]