Re: People's Rally

Message posted by gary on June 27, 2001 at 23:04:17 PST:

This is not late at all since the event was less than a month ago. I liked your coverage of the event, and hope Norio puts some MP3s of his music on the net, or at least the lyrics to the Area 51 songs.

A couple of comments about your site. I'm not ready to give up on Area 19, only because the DOE tours don't let anyone visit the site. I think it was Tom Mahood who said the press got to visit areas such as plutonium valley, where a bunnysuit of sorts is required. but not Area 19. I'm not saying there is something in area 19, but if you study the topo maps, it is one of the most difficult areas to view. You would have to climb Kawich (sp) peak near the TTR to see into area 19, and I'm not even sure that will be high enough.

Regarding playing cat and mouse with the cammo dudes, they did this to me, but not kicking up a dust storm like they did for you. Personally, I worried about them getting bored. Also, I don't think any cammo dude will talk to a civilian. TTR guards have been known to interface with civilians, but not cammo dudes. Personally, I rather not have to deal with security at all, so I like the idea of the cammo dudes keeping their distance if you don't cross the border. When the TTR had the stealth projects running, you would hear about guards making you leave the public land. I don't know how true that is.

Getting back to Area 51 music, I bet someone could take some of these songs and give them an Area 51 twist.

Roy Orbison's "mystery girl" could become "mystery dudes": http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/axeman/439/misc3/lyrics/mystery.html

The Beatle's "back in the USSR" could become "back in the paradise ranch".

And of course, there is always "Secret Agent Man": http://www.rockabilly.nl/lyrics4/s0093.htm

I got to see the author of this song perform it recently. PF Sloan is one of those 60's rockers who wrote not one but two killer songs that took care of him for the rest of his days. Besides Secret Agent Man he wrote "Eve of Destruction".

In Reply to: People's Rally posted by Curtis on June 27, 2001 at 21:57:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]