Re: Strange marks on old center taxiway

Message posted by martin on July 27, 2007 at 4:36:07 PST:

Iv read all the replys and some off them are valid but I dont think this has been cause through heat the place has been there for a few years and no other runway has it, I dont think its tyre testing either you can do that inside.

have a look at the second picture the green stuff looks to be painted AROUND the runway this good be a line for aircraft to follow so they dont go off the runway you see these lines at all airports but this is in my memory the first time weve seen it here plus the trye marks that you see seem to be following it closey

then off course in the third picure we see its been covered well only the middle bit the ends off the runway are clearly clean

also look at the buildings extension dont you think its weird that from a side view its covering the runway you can only see the green stuff from above or if your right over it

MY CONCLUSION: Iv heard that they keep all the runway lights off at night unless something is on the approch then they switch it on. the green stuff (I dont know im only guessing here) could be some sort off glow in the dark paint think about it you dont need to turn the lights on the plane cant be seen the paint cant be seen at any angle becuase off the hanger (not sure if you can see the runway from a viewing point ) and you still have the cover off night to keep your black project a secret

yeah this idea might sound dumb but you dont see this on anyother runway ANYWHERE.......

In Reply to: Strange marks on old center taxiway posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 26, 2007 at 11:09:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]