June/July field trip all set

Message posted by JB737 on June 16, 2007 at 22:58:43 PST:

My June/July trip is set.

I'd be happy to meet up with some of you NV-based or NV-bound folks, either in Vegas 6/27, 6/28, 7/2, or 7/3; or wherever I end up 6/29-7/1, including the Nellis area on my way up, Tikaboo, and likely Rachel sometime. If any Flag exercise watchers are up there on Friday 6/29, I might give that a try if you let me know where you are.

I'll (appear to) be an "SUV tourist" this time.

I'll take photos of the mysterious base station, of course. If visibility is good, I'll do a high-power panorama from Tikaboo. If visibility is bad, I'll probably traverse north instead, to finish "connecting the dots" for a short escape route from Badger Spring to ET Hwy, and maybe summit the peak that I fell short of on Easter.

TIme permitting, I'll check the as-built border coordinates in a few key places. I'll save most comments on that topic until after I return, except to say I've made a lot of progress researching the border, have precise coordinates of the land grab among other things, and made some interesting discoveries in the process of getting them.

Soon Tikaboo Bound!

JB737

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]