Re: Tikaboo question

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 01, 2007 at 8:24:55 PST:

Thank you, Bob. I appreciate your consideration. The first part of the hike is a climb, first moderate then increasingly steeper, on loose shale. Especially on the steep part the shale has formed plateaus, or steps, that offer slightly better support than the surrounding shale, which tends to start sliding down when you step on it. If you ride up further over to the left you will avoid damaging the trail.

I have never tried this, but since distance is not a big issue on an ATV you may consider riding all the way up to the false summit and then turning right towards the rocks. This is a slightly longer route with more elevation change, but it may be easier to do on an ATV. The trail from the point where you normally turn right below the false summit up to the rocks leads along a slope and is not wide enough for an ATV. I am not an experienced ATV rider, but it seems to me that it would be very easy to roll your ATV there.

In Reply to: Re: Tikaboo question posted by BobR on February 28, 2007 at 20:09:12 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]