Re: Tikaboo question

Message posted by Hank on February 28, 2007 at 4:59:55 PST:

Their are a couple of ways to transport water. Some carry 12 to 16 oz. plastic bottles and others use an item called a camelpack. It is similar to a backpack but made to carry liquid. These are available on Ebay as well as in your local hiking stores. A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs.and the amount you consume will depend on the temperature at climbing time. As you approach the date of your climb check the temperature here. http://www.instaweather.com/klas/default.asp?cid=90&id=rachl
The last time I went up for an overnight I took 2 gallons and came back with about 1/2 a gallon. Everyones requirements are different. Iam 5ft.7in. and weigh 165 lbs. I was not in great climbing shape and took 3 hours to get from bottom to top with lots of rest stops. Its good to have extra water in the vehicle in case you have to rehydrate when you get back down. If you have any further questions please feel free to send me an email or post in the Forum.
Hank

In Reply to: Tikaboo question posted by stephanie on February 27, 2007 at 20:07:55 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]