Re: f35 flight test

Message posted by Billy King on December 15, 2006 at 13:22:49 PST:

It flew for the first time today at about 12:30. After seeing the posts here, I had some running around to do and decided to drive by Lockheed and just see if anything was going on. Well turns out there're cars everywhere on the road leading up to the main gate, which runs along the southern end of the runway at Carswell. So i got out and joined the crowd. Saw a couple of F15's (I think) take off about 10 minutes apart, then 2 F16's took off one right after the other, one silver and the other was white with red markings. They circled around to the north end of the base and as they flew back low over the runway you could see the F35 rolling for takeoff. It took off with the F16's on each wing, climbed pretty quickly and headed off in a southwest direction, which southwest of Ft Worth there's nothing but open land. The local news is saying it was about a 40 min flight. It was very cool!! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. Anyway, just wanted to share the story.

In Reply to: f35 flight test posted by unclewally on December 12, 2006 at 20:36:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]