Re: Greatest story ever denied

Message posted by Gregos on October 31, 2006 at 23:21:32 PST:

“…traveling at a high rate of speed from the top left corner of the window to the bottom right corner….”

So top to bottom sounds like downward in altitude, is that correct? If so that would rule out a launch from Vandenberg AFB. The first day I moved to SoCal I saw a dusk launch and I was like what the heck was that? I was in Torrance, CA.

So Looking West from Santa Monica you are North of LAX but looking towards NAS Point Mugu. I believe I read on this site that the Janets sometime fly to NAS Point Mugu?

I don’t have a Los Angeles aeronautical sectional chart handy, but I would look for Restricted Areas, MOAs and areas of Warning out over the Channel Islands in the general area you think you saw it. Does anyone know if you can view all the sectional charts online? Just for reference, not for real world navigation.

Lastly, while typing this I was referencing Google Earth. I noticed they “updated” the picture of San Clemente Island with lots of cloud cover. Hmmm…

In Reply to: Re: Greatest story ever denied posted by ke6vuj on October 31, 2006 at 18:17:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]