Re: THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED

Message posted by Mark Lincoln on October 30, 2006 at 16:46:26 PST:

I would love to "believe" in flying saucers, little green men and that the US had the ultimate means of transportation but doesn't use it.

My problem is that I would rather "know."

I see images which I first saw in books by Hubert Wilkins in the 1950s.

I see a slick presentation.

I see an utter lack of substance.

William of Occam may have lived a long time ago.

But his razor is a very useful tool today.

When I see known and proven frauds included as 'fact" I know the person who composed the presentation was either devoid of critical faculties, information, or the desire for either.

I remember once in the early 1970s when a friend expressed the idea that the moon landing was a total fraud, shot on a sound stage and that America had been hoaxed by NASA.

I went home, and over several days went through six years of collected Aviation Leak magazines, pulling out ever one which had an article or mention of the Apollo program. I arranged them in chronological order, and put them in several boxes.

I transported them to my friend's home and proceeded to show him my case that he was wrong.

After several hours of tracing the multitude of threads of technical development. The challenges, and solutions. The missions and results.

His comment was "you can't believe that crap!"

My reply was "no, I don't have to believe it. I know it."

In Reply to: Re: THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED posted by Mick on October 30, 2006 at 9:37:26 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]