Re: Trip Report from the Noobs

Message posted by lone wolf on October 09, 2006 at 19:20:21 PST:

Oh, this never ending arms race. First we had flashligh wars with the cammo dudes, and now it has escalated to headlight wars. ;-) Technically, these are directed energy weapons! [I do suggest drawing the line at lasers.]

The dudes like to be the only people driving public roads without license plates. They run all the plates they see, so a vehicle without a plate probably annoys them.

I've noticed driving down GLR at night that the dudes probably turn on a dome light to make an entry into the log. The light goes out so they don't lose their night vision. Driving back to the ET Highway at night, you see a light off in the distance. This is the reflection of your headlights off the stop sign at the intersection of GLR and the ET Highway.

The next time you are out there, note the border locations in the daytime. There is a road to the right just before the warning signs. [There is also a road just after the warning signs, as our schoool teacher poster found out. Needless to say, avoid that road.] If you walk the road to the right BEFORE the warning signs, you will find it meets up with a path or perhaps a road that leads back to OUR parking area. I had walked that road with Norio once and the dudes kindly provided lighting with a spotlight, tracking our movements. Their kindess runneth over.

In Reply to: Trip Report from the Noobs posted by Ben on October 09, 2006 at 14:20:18 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]