Re: Cammos sidearms

Message posted by The Major on September 14, 2006 at 14:01:51 PST:

92F/M9? It's hard to tell. Certainly isn't a compact. I wonder if they use issue weapons or if they are allowed to use whatever they want. 9mm would not be my first choice for combat/self defense, although that is undoubtedly the most popular cartridge for military and law enforcement use. If given a choice for an auto, I would opt for the 10mm, followed, in order, by 40 S&W, 9mm and 45 ACP. The only reason I placed the 9mm higher than 45 ACP was magazine capacity. For a wheel gun, .44MAG, followed by .41MAG and .357MAG. My conceal-carry gun in Texas and Georgia (the People's Republic of Hawaii doesn't have a conceal-carry law) was a Model 629 S&W, with a 3" Magnaported barrel. You must practice a lot with a heavy magnum to be proficient, especially when shooting rapidly. The recoil is a bear! The muzzle blast at night with a 3" barrel on a .44 is nothing short of spectacular!
By the way, did we ever come up with a consensus as to what company the cammo dudes work for?

In Reply to: Cammos sidearms posted by Hank on September 14, 2006 at 13:26:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]