Re: Changes / Updates for Rachel

Message posted by bjohnson on September 05, 2006 at 15:08:50 PST:

We stopped at the quick pik on Saturday. The worker there was very friendly and gave us a little update on the happenings. They are going to change the name of the Quick Pik and might be doing a contest in town to rename it. They are looking forward to putting some money into the trailer park and making it into a nice little place for people to come and stay for a day or longer. There will be water/electric and possibly a sewer dump. I suggested that they consider keeping the trees and maybe putting in bbq pit at each site. They are also hoping to get a web site up and running so they can bring in business like their neighbor to the north.

They are aware of the hurt feelings, but are also wanting to make a living and be productive members of the community. Consider the Senior Center and how it is run down. Such a shame to see that go by the wayside. Wouldn't it be better for the community to see someone invest a little money in town?

Granted they are from California, but remember, not all of us are even from the U.S.A. So I think we ought to cut them some slack and start supporting a person that only wants to be a good neighbor, and have a beutiful place to do honest business.

I for one will support them with my business and hope that you will all support them too. We can't change what has happened, but we can be good neighbors from now on.

In Reply to: Changes / Updates for Rachel posted by Chuck on September 04, 2006 at 20:34:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]