Re: More paratroopers

Message posted by Hank on August 24, 2006 at 20:38:17 PST:

Dave answered about Google Earth, and it does look like its in the lake. As far as where they have paradrops ive seen them in various places. Alamo is a strange place for a drop. I believe that Lonewolf and Chuck got pics of that one. Ive seen them in the Railroad Valley near the old ranch. They have had some at the new airstrip Keno. A couple of years ago I saw a Notam for some at Indian Springs. Now known as Creech. Not sure about the Lake Mead drop. It may well be as Dave says, out of a chopper. After doing this research stuff for more years than I would care to admit, many years ago I determined that anything that was posted in a Notam wasn't classified or even a little suspicious. As you have seen on this site Notams are not hard to come by as they are in the public domain. I had more trouble getting a range map than I ever did getting a Notam. It may seem out of the norm to see a Notam about paradrops into Lake Mead but for them it may be business as usual. NOTAM= Notice to airmen.
Hank

In Reply to: Re: More paratroopers posted by Vince on August 24, 2006 at 18:51:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]