Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel

Message posted by Jason on July 24, 2006 at 7:01:13 PST:

I will be flying from NY to LA and visiting Vegas, Rachel &A51 in mid August. If his financial gain means the homelessness & general displacement of Rachel's people, the $%&##@! will not see one penny from my pocket.

I agree with the approach of putting a "financial dam" in the way of his endeavours. Protest & attract attention to the issue. Negative publicity is never a welcome advance from anyone, and he will not like it whatsoever. Bring the effects of his intentions to light. If the county turns a shoulder, go up higher. The media is a thorn to those not paying attention to the interest of the public. "Leak" it to them. Make this guy's life miserable. Joerg is right - this forum can be a vessel/channel to do just that.

Rachel is THE Area 51 landmark....a highly popular tourist spot to the vast numbers intrigued by Area 51. Area 51's huge legend, lore, and facts obtained over the years make Rachel an important hub. As far as I see it, Rachel might as well be the Capital of Area 51, because of its locale and that in a sense, Area 51 is a state all its own. This is the equivalent of urinating on a landmark.

What this guy doesnt realize, is that it is in fact possible to make $$$ and keep SOME interest in the people that live there. But he doesn't live there, so what does he care? The first time I saw Rachel was three years ago, and I swear I thought I was gonna faint LOL - because after 15 years of hearing about it, there it was....in the middle of the desert. Peaceful town. A place where I'd like to escape to the outside world at times.

This situation looks to me like the proverbial "Fat kid in the sandbox that doesnt like to share". MAKE HIS FINANCIAL LIFE IN RACHEL MISERABLE. FIGHT DAMMIT FIGHT!!!

In Reply to: Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 23, 2006 at 1:33:12 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]