Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 23, 2006 at 1:46:15 PST:

Those are good questions. I honestly don't see enough traffic in Rachel to support a modern (and more expensive) trailer park. It was the long-term residents who kept the trailer park alive. I think they paid a little over $100 a month for the spot, and $300 a month for a rental trailer. There is no business in the winter, and even in the summer months I have not seen a lot of tourists staying there. Not nearly enough to support the place.
Your second question is a clear possibility, and, to be honest, it is what I am hoping for. But some of them literally have no place to go. There is no other trailer park nearby, and they may be forced to move on. Which would be a loss for Rachel as a community.
Some of these people, like Dave Simms for instance, have done great things for the community. Dave's "Rachel Control Tower" has become a landmark in Rachel, and a gathering place for the locals. It will also be destroyed.

In Reply to: Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel posted by Vince on July 22, 2006 at 10:01:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]