Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel

Message posted by The Major on July 22, 2006 at 13:26:58 PST:

Money does, in fact, rule. Do not ask government to get involved in the free marketplace. They have little business there and generally screw things up while decreasing individual liberties. USE the free marketplace, and free speech, to run this guy out of town. He has created local ill will, and that is not a good start. Build upon this. Use this forum and others to discourage people from using his services. Get investors to build businesses to compete with him. In other words, make his financial life miserable.

That may sound like a simplistic answer, but it will work. I've been to Rachel, and admittedly, I could count on one hand the number of cars I passed while driving the length of 375 to 6. BUT, it sits just outside of one of the most important and intriguing military bases on the planet. Build something first class and unique in Rachel to attract the military buffs, because there are a helluva lot more of them than UFO kooks. Organize expeditions to Tikaboo and other observation points, exploit Red Flag, run a shuttle from Vegas... Build tourism and give the tourists a motel/hotel/RV park alternative to the one you want to get rid of. There is gold in them there hills, not just sensors.

I have a hunch there are a few folks on this forum with enough financial octane to put such plan into action, or perhaps know of such intrepid investors. With capital, vision, and hard work, Rachel residents could have a sustained source of year-round income and be rid of the man who apparently doesn't give a crap about them.

If you build it, they will come...

The Major

In Reply to: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 22, 2006 at 2:09:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]