Re: UNDER ATTACK! HELP!

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on July 08, 2006 at 19:26:09 PST:

Thanks for the update on how guided missles work. I don't know how I got through all those years of Air Force training and missed that info. I guess I spoke to those among us who were aware of colloquial subtleties. The airborne LASER program still has a possiblity of viable weaponizing, and right now we can use the years of research to help us keep idiots like Kim from threatening us. If the recurrent cost is a bother, get a list of the billions spent on foreign aid to less than friendly countries to really spin you up. Worthless expenduature that seems to be completely non-partisan. At least we have a cool 747-400 with a light show in the nose. Kinda like Elton John without the winglets. As far as not having pilots with guns - every plane has a pilot - not every plane has an air marshal - do the math. The last time an air marshal capped a perp it was a looney guy off his meds dropped half-way down an MIA concourse. Not a perfect world. BTW one of the issues about liquid-fuelled ICBMs (like the earliest Soviet models) is that since it takes so long to fuel, it can only be used as a first-strike weapon - and that's why it is so worrisome.

In Reply to: Re: UNDER ATTACK! HELP! posted by lone wolf on July 08, 2006 at 18:22:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]