Re: Thunderbirds at Creech AFB

Message posted by lone wolf on June 14, 2006 at 11:39:07 PST:

Sometimes the solos (which of course are two planes) play over Death Valley. You can hear them, but not see them.

The place bombed to the stone age is Point Bravo. It is the site of what Rummy calls the Firepower demonstration. [Prior to Rummy doing the rename, it was called Capstone.] You can watch the bombing from route 95.

Through Corn Creek, you can drive near the southern border of the NTS/Nellis range. You would need to check with the ranger to see if the road is passable. I've driven the road from the 93 entrance. What you do is take the road to Tikaboo, but don't make the horseshoe turn. [This makes sense if you look at the map.] If it really matters, I can dig up the waypoint for the location of the roadblock on the eastern side. It may not be accurate as I did the trip a few years ago.

Next time you drive by Point Bravo, take a look at the antennas. It is a relay point from places in the range to Angel Peak. I'm sure whomever works in the 99th comm squad that reads this list could tell us more, well, if they could.

In Reply to: Thunderbirds at Creech AFB posted by Gregos on June 14, 2006 at 11:15:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]