Re: Rachel,Bald Mountain,Nellis,and a Suggestion

Message posted by Hank on June 07, 2006 at 16:43:59 PST:

Thanks Bob,
You are 100% right on all counts. We try to stress on this site if you are going up there to be aware of the situation. I have made many trips up there over 25 years and know most of the hazards but Iam sure not all. I live in Phoenix so Iam well aware of desert dangers. I always have radiator hoses and an extra belt. When I replace the old ones once a year I just throw them in the trunk.I never leave Phoenix without at least 8 gallons of water, and six cans of fix a flat. For me and the Blazer. Some may say this is overkill but in some cases it may not be enough. This is the first time ive ever had that problem off road. Most of us carry a GPS and mark where we turn off the road. The biggest problem is no cell phone service in most places so you are really on your own. Maybe the next toy is a sat phone. Can you imagine giving a AAA tow truck driver your GPS numbers when He asks where you are. Start walking. Thanks for the post.
Hank

In Reply to: Re: Rachel,Bald Mountain,Nellis,and a Suggestion posted by Bob M on June 07, 2006 at 16:17:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]