Re: Wheeler Pass and Rachael this past weekend

Message posted by lone wolf on May 02, 2006 at 18:07:21 PST:

All three have mil air. The Pro-60 has WFM, which sometimes is nice to have. I've used my Sony SC1PC, which also has WFM, to listen to TV audio when camping. Still, you need a Pro-96 to monitor the NTS.

The nice thing about Radio Shack scanners is they take AA cells. Only the late model Unidens run on AA cells.

Mil air duirng Red Flag is something else. Generally when I'm at Coyote or elsewhere shooting photos at Red Flag, there will be someone from the Inn that hadn't expected to see a military exercise. They are impressed with what you can hear on a scanner. However, unless you live near a busy military area, mil air hits are pretty scarce.

Actually, there is one exception to the above statement. Post 9/11, the USAF runs CAP (combat air patrol) when POTUS (president of the United States) is in town. The bay area had an Awacs with a Sentry callsign here a few weeks ago when Bush was in town. I'm sure they were flying cap when Bush was in Vegas.

In Reply to: Re: Wheeler Pass and Rachael this past weekend posted by joe inman on May 02, 2006 at 16:56:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]