Re: whats the point hank

Message posted by Hank on January 06, 2006 at 6:12:03 PST:

The point is that although we are considered by some the number one source on the net for information related to Area 51 and Groom and have some of the most knowledgeable posters on the subject we are not the only source for information. Due to the costs of running a site this size and time constraints we couldn't possibly offer the range of information that Google, or Yahoo, or many of the other search engines do.I post a link to those sites as an additional source of information not as a substitute for answering myself. Some of the questions are out of my area of expertise, and as you can see the knowledgeable posters here have already started to help him. Please don't assume that because a poster comes here with a question that he has been to other sources first.That is just not the case.A large amount of posters are drawn here from the tv shows that are shown on the Discovery and History channels and have no idea about the area. The links on the left are to provide immediate response to basic questions about the area and to provide links to other sites that may be able to point them in the right direction.
As far as it being an inconvenience to answer anyone's questions that has never been the case. Just look in the Forum archives for the last five years to see the thousands of questions that have been answered.
The moderators job on this site is to keep order, to try and answer questions that he is knowledgeable about and to point the poster to a place where he can get an answer.
Hank

In Reply to: Re: whats the point hank posted by joe inman on January 05, 2006 at 22:16:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]