Re: Aurora Redux

Message posted by lone wolf on January 03, 2006 at 22:07:21 PST:

In the time frame in question, it is possible some SAM flight had General Hogle on the HF, but DVs used callsigns in a feeble attempt to hide their identity. You may recall Al "I'm in charge" Haig using his callsign (or code name) Claw Hammer over HF, and being recorded by an Israeli radio hobbyist. [If you don't remember, we're talking about 25 years ago.] So even if the General would say such things on an unsecure channel, using his name would be a bit unusual.

Military HF voice has to be the most unsecure method of communications known to man. [At least UHF mil comm is line of sight.] I'm having a hard time with that part of the story.

I also can't see using an secret hardware over Iraq. Now using something spooky over Iran would be believable.

Bits of the story make sense, such as the sighting by an expert witness. I've never seen any hard analysis on the sky quakes, but rather just anecdotal remarks. If you have a source on them, I'd like to read it.

In Reply to: Aurora Redux posted by Steve Douglass on January 03, 2006 at 18:05:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]