Re: Flight aware

Message posted by lone wolf on December 23, 2005 at 19:58:37 PST:

Oh, one doh! is enough. ;-) I actually drove to the fix LIDAT once, just to get an idea how close the planes get to the actual fix. From what I observed, it's not an exact science.

If you check out N654BA, you will find one Beechliner flight from Groom Lake to the Tonopah Test Range on 10/19/2005. Not shown on flightaware, but the flight plan went
TKM..BTY060030..BTY.V135.TPH..TNX/0045
If you dig through the FAA records, TKM is listed as a "tie-in facility" to TNX. I provided the link. The line you want is
TONOPAH TEST RANGE BASE OPS TNX TKM ZLA

N164W is another interesting TTR visitor. It is an electronics test bed. It was for the B1B, and might still be or it could have another use. There are plenty of photos of it on the net since it hangs out at BWI. Given the number of round robins it makes, I suspect there is a new program not related to the B1B since you would think such testing would go on in a MOA rather than civilian airspace. It could be testing SIGINT, ELINT, or maybe remote sensing (chemical, nuclear, whatever....).

Attached link: FAA records

In Reply to: Re: Flight aware posted by Dave Bethke on December 23, 2005 at 17:38:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]