Re: OT - New TSA Procedures

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on December 03, 2005 at 4:51:39 PST:

Although this is somewhat OT, I'd like to address this a bit. Confronting and challenging hundreds of thousands of legitimate travellers about possession of small tools, nail clippers, and the like takes away time that the screeners could be used to deal with more probable threats. Although I have had nail clippers, small pointed items and ciger lighters challenged and confiscated, I understand that this is a learning curve for TSA. Also understand that as 2006 midterm elections draw near all issues that can possibly question this Administration's leadership will be illuminated by the press and Dems still bitter about 2000 and 2004. We saw this with the lynch mob organized about New Orleans Katrina's mismanagement. As the chain of command was explained and poor decisions identified, the specific failures of leadership was shown to be on the local and state democrats and the Dems and media quietly dropped their witchhunt.

NO ONE wants or plans for a confrontation in the cabin of a commercial jet. The presence of civilians produces an immediate and unpredictable unknown that could either help or hinder the outcome. No professional would EVER think that allowing a plan to proceed to that stage to find out all the participants.

Those of us that travel do what we can to accomodate the process and know that it is currently the best way to prevent actions that brought down four planeloads of passengers. Don't like it? Take a Greyhound bus, other wise arrive early and be willing to take the temporary role of a possible terrorist as you walk shoeless through metal detectors, sniffing machines, and are scritunized by people trying to keep you safe.

In Reply to: OT - New TSA Procedures posted by John on December 02, 2005 at 18:48:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]