Re: Did NOVA spill the beans?

Message posted by Tom on November 04, 2005 at 13:25:45 PST:

I suspect poetic license is at work here to some extent. If they left from the San Fernando Valley, it would be indeed 2+ hours. If they left from Palmdale (Plant 42) or Edwards, then more than a hour but less than two. But we really don't know where he started from.

Both Helendale and RAMS do have a very pronounced "crater": Next to the upper chamber building where the pylon silo is contained. It's actually half a crater, I suppose.

The silo is 210' deep, and the pylon pretty much fills it. Perhaps that's where he got the 200' height figure. But that's actually not correct, as the 210' depth of the silo is from its lip, down inside the upper chamber building. By the time the silo is fully extended, its tip is "only" about 100' about the roof of the upper chamber (which is level with the surrounding terrain). I say "only" because that's plenty high for me.

I've attached a Terraserver link below to the Helendale facility. The Terraserver link to the RAMS facility (since I can only include one link directly) is:
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=13&X=885&Y=9179&W=2

Attached link: Helendale RCS on Terraserver

In Reply to: Re: Did NOVA spill the beans? posted by lone wolf on November 04, 2005 at 11:46:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]