If you want to be taken seriously

Message posted by Hank on October 03, 2005 at 20:04:11 PST:

For some reason I have been dealing with some strange emails, and posters in the chat. So here are some hints for people that want us to believe that they have been to that little town in the desert. Its not Rachal, or Racheal. Its spelled Rachel and its a town not a female. I asked one poster if he knew about Rachel and he said he never heard of her. (seriously) Groom Lake road is not the main road to the Inn. Take Hwy. 375. You probably did not climb Teekaboo (probably meant Tikaboo) in less than an hour. Chances are you also weren't run off Tikaboo by two guys in a hummer. If you went to the border on GLR and didn't see the Cammos or the signs, guess where you weren't. One guy said he wouldn't go back to the mailbox again because it was too close to the border and the cammos told him to leave and never come back. Another said he wanted to go to the back gate but their were metal fences and searchlights across the road. I asked how far he was from the back gate when he hit the metal fences, he said about 30 or 40 miles away. Must have been at Coyote, and could use a GPS. I asked him if he stayed overnight in Rachel. He said he spent two nights there. I asked if he stayed at the Motel 6 or the Days Inn. He said the Days Inn and it was very clean.
Yes it is a slow time, and their hasn't been much reported from the area. I like trip reports as much as the next guy, maybe more. I also would like them and the people in the chat and my email to be a little bit more believable. So please take the above as constructive criticism and please don't make the same errors. Oh and photos of your adventure are always welcome.
Hank

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]