A few questions

Message posted by Sundog on August 19, 2005 at 16:40:14 PST:

1) Has anyone ever seen the small runway associated with Edwards North Base, which is supposedly associated with Area 51, used? Do they just use it for King Air Janet flights?

2) At Google Earth, just NW of the 315 on the lake bed compass, are those three D-21s?

3) At Mojave Airport, at the west end of the "Hanger Row" you can see an orange aircraft (QF-106?) and if you move to the east past the hanger it's next to, there appears to be a three surface (canard/wing/horizontal tail) aircraft. Is that one of Rutans? I know his single engine plane like that was the Catbird, but I keep thinking he built a larger twin as well.

4) The closed runway at Area 51, do you know if they plan on rebuilding it? Granted, that's probably one of those,"If I knew the answer to that, I probably couldn't speak to you" questions.

5) Any idea how often the Groom dry lakebed is actually used? I don't recall it ever being used except I think a case where brakes failed and an aircraft rolled onto it (A-12?)

Joerg, that new picture looks awesome, I can't wait to see all of them when you get them sorted.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]