Re: Weird sighting on 7-30-05 on 95

Message posted by scott on July 31, 2005 at 14:12:06 PST:

Yeah, Jeorg I've seen my fair share. We've met at the inn a few times and BS'd about this stuff. You'd know me if you saw me, I go there about three times a year and spend a week or so each time repairing things for Pat.

In every case except this one I've been able to (in my mind) plausibly explain things.

This one is different because of the situation.

The light was virtually still when we first saw it. Granted, it could simply have been on a direct head-on course to us.

That means it would have had to make over a 90° course change while staying level. That would also mean that the aspect of the light didn't change. Meaning, the light looked the same at 0° as it does at 90°.

The path was level and flat meaning there was no up and down or left and right to it. Obviously the ground isn't level so at some points the light ws closer to the ground than at others.

When it passed over 95 it was about a half mile away and about 300 feet higher than us. All three of us saw it and none of us saw any shape to it.

No vapor or no exhaust trail, no other light or glow just a simple light.

When it started we assumed it was a headlight because we've been to Rachel and the black mailbox enough times to know that a car that looks close takes twenty minutes or more to go by you.

That is why we assumed it was a car in the distance and west of Mina. When it started to cover that kind of terrirtoy in that short a time the car was ruled out. That left aeronautical devices and we started to eleminate possibilities.

Too fast for a prop plane, too slow for a supersonic jet (there was no noise or sonic boom)

That leaves a real fast helicopter a slower jet or a drone device.

When we saw no shape from a half mile away when I've got full high beams, headlights of my friend behind me and it sweeping across my bow silhoutted by the headlights of the southbound vehicle on full high beams, I would expect some definition or reflection to it.

Also you'd think that if the light were on a vehicle or device then when it got in front of us the light would go out. The light stayed on looking the same until it was well to the right of us and the highway and about halfway across the valley when it went out.

That would mean the light would have to be on a "wingtip" or similar spot and it would have to be a sphere for us to see it from a 0° through over a 180° angle and not have it change at all. Only one light on a surface tip that was spherical is possible but doesn't make a lot of sense.

When it went over the roadway nothing behind it got blocked out. The glare from the oncoming headlights didn't get blacked out or blocked near the light, nor did the taillights from the car in front of us.

We literally had a ball of light going about 300 mph on a level course form our left ot our right and it disappeared.

Beats the heck out of me.

In Reply to: Re: Weird sighting on 7-30-05 on 95 posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 31, 2005 at 13:36:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]