Re: military/area51 frequency questions

Message posted by joe inman on July 13, 2005 at 17:18:00 PST:

ok
Yes, I used starrs software to program all of my milair frequencies. From what I have been told, the pro-95 is milair capable, you just can't program directly. Thats where starrs program works. I don't know how much a yupitero sells for, but I can get a pro60 or 43 for 20-40 bucks.
As for the .5uV jargon, I am new to this. I don't understand it. Or NFM. Right now I can pickup random traffic on the 140 range. Nothing on the 220+. I don't listen at home. I listen in my truck while I work. I have a radio shack magnet antenna and I just bought a antennax field tune 118+ antenna. I am researching new antennas for my truck. I am seriously looking at finding one that you recommended. I haven't tried the scanrecorder because I don't have an outside antenna at home and my computer is in a basement. I receive nothing.

If I had a yupitero scanner and a descent mobile antenna should I pickup the milair traffic in cedar?

I am sorry for the frustration I may cause. I don't want you to feel like you are wasting your time. I have learned from your posts. Maybe not all the answers I am looking for, but at least what I need to research more ie. .5uV, antennas, and NFM.

p.s. I do have most of those frequencies in my scanner that I scan all day at work and not so much more than static. I know it does pickup milair because I was in Ogden utah and picked up some hill AFB traffic.

In Reply to: Re: military/area51 frequency questions posted by lone wolf on July 13, 2005 at 13:51:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]