Re: RE: Old Plane @ Kirtland

Message posted by JimK on June 05, 2005 at 11:04:30 PST:

Sorry Wade but Dave and Zipper are correct. The plane is an HU16B on loan from the Coast Guard and painted to look like an Air Force plane that was shot down in the Gulf of Tonkin during a rescue mission. Your dad must have had some interesting flights. If you send me your email, I can send you some B57 photos I took at Ellsworth AFB and at Dyess AFB.

Someone asked about the round thing. If you mean the one just a little north and west of the plane Wade was talking about, it is a water tower.

If you go quite a ways east and a bit south (just follow the roads) there is a Mig hidden in the Air National Guard complex. Look for a bunch of F16's and then within the building area. Also they have an A7 and an F100.

A little east of that is an F51 and an F80 (or maybe P51 and P80, there's no markers)

Go east some more and you will see the National Atomic Museum which has an A7, B52, F105 and B36 and a bunch of missles and bombs.

As far as the planes I originally asked about, my guess is F16, Harrier or A4, and F4. The F4 has very distinctive tail surfaces.

In Reply to: RE: Old Plane @ Kirtland posted by Wade on June 03, 2005 at 20:45:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]