Campout

Message posted by Hank on May 13, 2005 at 16:40:02 PST:

For those of you that are coming to the campout and will be in the area for the first time heres a few tips that may make the trip a little easier. Assuming that the majority will be driving up 93 their are only two towns between Las Vegas and Groom Lake Rd. Alamo which is a very small town and about 10 miles farther on Ash Springs which is a smaller town. Their are two gas stations in Alamo and one in Ash Springs. As you come into Alamo their is a Chevron on your left. Behind the Chevron is a very good grocery store.If you are planning on cooking out this is the last place where you will be able to buy food. They have most everything you will need. They also have ice and bottled water. The other gas is a mile up the road on your right at the Del Pueblo truck stop. Please be aware that it is important to keep your tank full as their is no gas available after Ash Springs. The next gas could be available at the Quik Pic in Rachel but sometimes not. Water for your vehicle and yourself is very important. Remember you are in the desert and away from any services. Some have asked me about beer and I can only relate what I was told by someone in Rachel. The grocery in Alamo may not carry it but the Del Pueblo does. I was told the price was very high so may I suggest that it be bought in Las Vegas. If you have any questions now is the time to ask. Please post them in the Forum or email me at bljk8@cox.net.
Hank

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]