Cammo Dudes' Union

Message posted by Salty on May 06, 2005 at 10:07:32 PST:

Lone wolf posted back on the 26th about wondering who the cammos union was. I remember seeing picket signs when the cammo dudes went on strike, and the signs indicate they are represented by the "Security Police Association of Nevada".

A google of that turns up only the strike story and one link to a list of non-profits organizations with their address at 3957 Gulliver St. in LV. This is a residential neighborhood and the house was (not surprisingly) owned until this year by the SPAN president Vernell Hall.

So I tried just "security police association" and you end up with almost exclusively links to the Air Force Security Police Association, which is mainly made up of AF security retirees. This is a fraternal orgranization.

However, I did come across a Sandia link (http://www.sandia.gov/LabNews/LN03-07-03/LA2003/la03/support_story.htm) which states "Three highly successful negotiations with Sandia's labor organizations (Security Police Association - SPA;". Note this is for the labs in NM. There was mention of them in a United Way bulletin as the "Internation Security Police Association LU7002." There is an ISPA in the same non-profit directory with an address of Stoneham, MA, so it's possible ISPA and SPA of Nevada are not the same. It's possible the latter was created only for the NTS/Groom employees.

I guess that answers nothing :-)

In Reply to: Re: camo dudes posted by lone wolf on April 26, 2005 at 13:08:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]