Re: burials on military bases

Message posted by MI on May 05, 2005 at 11:29:46 PST:

I would argue there are LOTS of bodies buried on some military bases. I've personally seen numerous cemetaries on military bases. They were all very very old cemetaries, some were on the map, some with nice new signs and some I am sad to report were not on the map (lost to the new map edition of the area). I'm also happy to report that they are off limits to units during exercises and fall under the jurisdiction of Range Control for preservation (but some people define preservation as DO NOT TOUCH). On another note, in the same areas, I've seen large Oak trees, evenly spaced and in a row as if they had at one time marked a road or entrance to an estate. However I never found evidence of the road(s), estate(s) or reference to why they were there on any old or new map (another piece of history lost). However I know they were not put there by "Mother Nature". In conclusion, yes, there are LOTS of bodies buried on military bases.

In Reply to: Re: burials on military bases posted by lone wolf on May 05, 2005 at 9:06:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]