Re: Area 51 security satellites UP-LINK

Message posted by Rocketfox on March 18, 2001 at 7:45:35 PST:

Later last night, I got to thinking about it, and thought I'd pass along this speculation.

"Wish list" for security.

Given that Lockheed's available, and constructs or contracts sensor systems, see what they might have laying around in the shop that's working, but non-flyable.

Thermal Imaging, FLIR, [both passive systems that would not interfere with EM during "other testing" }

Ground Movement Radar. emplaced motion detectors, Body Capacitance Zones, you know the routine..

Mount the electro-optics in the high ranges, with criss-cross cpapbility, and link it to the Movement Sensor Monitoring System, { a variant of IFF}

Like the Brits say, " Safe as houses, and Bob's yer uncle..."

Given that, the Cammo Dudes are the first human line of defense, and document checkers. I suspect though, that the choppers may be piloted by different professionals, such as a "ready response team" at least, that's how I'd structure it.. far better to have the civilian guard force and the Sheriff's dept handle the "light stuff"...

Given that, Sat monitoring on a full time basis would seem to be a tad redundant.

A semi-related note. in the early 60's, at Mt Home AFB Idaho, the SAc base there was sucessfully infiltrated and comandeered by a double Green Beret A team as a test of security.

Would be interesting {though I'd perfer not to attend} to see how the security at Groom would fare under an attempt by Force Recon, Seals, G/B's and such... Though I would hate to see anyone get injured in the process.

Just a passing thought, and probably it's been done before...

Regards to you all,

R*

Spook, the President could not ask for better trained and dedicated guards for our country's facilities worldwide than the US Marines. It's not soft duty, as we well know. My compiliments and respects to those who serve in close and distant places ashore, and afloat.

In Reply to: Re: Area 51 security satellites UP-LINK posted by Spooky_Dogg on March 17, 2001 at 21:43:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]