Re: Tikaboo Trip Report

Message posted by Ed Winchester on May 03, 2005 at 14:19:05 PST:

Hmmmn. We were enjoying winter sports at the Tikaboo Peak Ski Resort 9am until around 5pm on Tuesday 26th! Unless the reporter had engaged the cloaking device I really don't recall meeting anyone else there. Spooky. Perhaps they climbed the mountain in the romantic dusk/moonlight after we were enjoying a buffet in Vegas?

Our trip report to follow. Suffice to say that the base chopper didn't come and pay a visit this year despite attempts to attract it toward us; last time waving a camera at a Blackhawk hovering right in front of one's nose didn't seem appropriate so my photo collection could do with enhancement.

We were treated to a short flying display by a 4 ship formation comprising two larger-than-F-16 types, one of which we're pretty sure was a MiG-23 in that fetching green/brown colour scheme. Both had F-16 chase aircraft right behind while doing circuits and bumps and the (MiG-23) kept its chute attached until off the runway. It went straight into the front right of what I call the Red Hat hangars.

Will post a proper report when the video gets a proper showing. Unfortunately no Aurora visible doing pre-flight checks for its alleged nocturnal outing.

In Reply to: Re: Tikaboo Trip Report posted by Terry on May 03, 2005 at 8:38:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]