Re: Map Of Nevada

Message posted by lone wolf on May 01, 2005 at 22:00:13 PST:

It's an interesting map, mostly due to what they decided to include and what was decided to be omitted. For instance, the DOE parcels above route 6 are for Project Faultless, but Basecamp seems to be missing from the map, as is Halligan Mesa. There is a symbol for military airports, but only Indian Springs and Nellis are shown. The TTR, Groom, and basecamp are missing. Only two roads that are shall we say off the beaten path are included. They are the road from route 6 to the edge of the TTR, and the road leading to Mercury. BTW, I knew there was public land to the east of Mercury, i.e. where they have that mining operation, but I hadn't realized there is a section of the DNWR that is not part of the Nellis range. [I don't know if it is accessible.] The map doesn't include of all of 215, but this is probably due to the age of the map.

There is another map somewhere on the net with the mile markers and locations for "pit stops." They finally added facilities to the rest stop south of Alamo and to the park itself. There is also a BBQ facility. We did a cook out near the upper Paranganaut lake prior to a Tikaboo hike. It's a bit easier to do your final packing where there is a table to place your pack, fold up a tent or sleeping bag, etc.

In Reply to: Map Of Nevada posted by peter on May 01, 2005 at 13:49:32 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]