Re: Camp out status and OK for RVs?

Message posted by lone wolf on April 08, 2005 at 12:57:46 PST:

The LA Spanish language radio station brought a full size bus to the peoples rally, so I think you would be OK if you get there early.

Doing some remote viewing ;-), I can only see about 8 cars fitting in the parking area right before the front gate. If there is a good turn out, some people will be parking in other locations and walking in or being dropped off. [You probably shouldn't do more than a mile hike in the desert if you aren't used to it.] For the BBQ side of the event, it can be set up in areas not suitable for parking to conserve space. The free side of camo hill would do, and possibly a second site on Hawkeye hill if you really want to PO the base. I've done BBQs in the desert by building a pit with rocks and then using a "replacement" BBQ grill. That is how we did the BBQ at the back gate. You can always find rocks in Central Nevada to build structure. On that note, somebody built a rock pile from hell by the power lines. It looks like they thought they were building a wind screen of some sort. However, they didn't know the prevailing direction of the wind, esle they would have built it 180 degrees. I wouldn't have cared except I spent a few hours moving rocks out of that particular area so we could get two cars by the edge. Doh!

In Reply to: Camp out status and OK for RVs? posted by Tim on April 08, 2005 at 11:41:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]