Re: recent visit and wierdness

Message posted by lone wolf on March 26, 2005 at 22:30:10 PST:

You probably heard loud sonic booms, either from the weapons school or Red Flag. You may have also whacked a few rabbits, which can make a thump but not show any damage, well at least to your vehicle.

The "Bates" motel on the hill has been sold, so perhaps the change over is not going well. The guy running the Meadow is now in jail, so either motel should be suitable. You get a room faster at the Meadow becuase the owner lives there. At the Bates, the owner drives in from nearby. Once it is sold, I presume the new owner will live in the mobile home near the motel. Some of the places in Caliente are far worse than either motel in Alamo. [It pays to like trains if you stay in Caliente.] I actually prefer the Bates since they have east cost feeds and west coast feeds for the networks.

When you can't get a room in Vegas, try to get a room in Jean. It is 20 minutes west of town. Both hotels are owned by the same company. The one south of the highway is nicer. [Gold Strike I believe.] You can also stay in Henderson. Sam's Town is nice. There are also places in Boulder.

It is possible that there is locallized GPS jamming done during the flag. When I've experienced jamming, the display oscillates back and forth. You really don't get lost, but the tracking isn't so good. Generally the notams indicate when jamming will be done, and it is more often near China Lake. I don't have a recent photo of the mailbox handy, but I recall the group that does the GPS jamming put a sticker on it.

In Reply to: recent visit and wierdness posted by Teresa Smith on March 26, 2005 at 22:03:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]