Re: Moving On

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on March 20, 2005 at 16:45:27 PST:

You have made good, thoughtful observations. This website gets people that drift through trying to make an obnoxiously strong opposing viewpoint or wants to raise a ruckus based on the same inexpicable gratification that people who make computer viruses (who should be hung like horse thieves) must reward themselves with. Thankfully they are few and far between.

Usually we have professionals, researchers, analyists, writers and students. Even the chronic flamers once they understand that no one here will put up with demeaning insults and get with the program are more than welcome to participate. I think some lurkers are unwilling to participate because they feel like they have nothing to add to a particular topic, but personally I hope that no one is apprehensive based on the possibility you will be put down. This discussion board NEVER has tried to be an "insiders only" forum, and freely encourages new and different posters. I hope that any and all interested people that take the time to visit DLR will be treated like valuable new friends by all the regulars. I certainly welcome new posters, even ones that would bring different points of view.

Joerg has done a good job of leading and funding this webpage (a suble hint to those that have not pushed some funds his way) and does not ask for much except civility, maturity and a modicum of thoughtfulness for others. If sometimes a reply is harsh to posters that appear to be more interested in stirring the pot than adding positivly to the discussion, I apologize for the slam, but the professionals present will not stay if we allow the maturity level of the discussions to consistently degenerate into flame wars or furballs. Thanks for yours and everyone else's patience and perserverance. Rock on.

In Reply to: Moving On posted by Silas on March 20, 2005 at 15:57:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]