Re: Question pertaining to Tikaboo peak and ATV's

Message posted by lone wolf on March 08, 2005 at 7:27:52 PST:

I saw some yahoo dressed in camo who was strapped walk into the Chevron in Alamo. The regulars know this is where the local PD likes to annoy high school girls, so your odds of meeting the PD are pretty high. The PD often parks on the north side, so you don't see their car. Well, the PD checked the guy out and then checked him out some more. I suspect what they were trying to do is waste the guys time to the point where he wish he left the gun in the truck. I think if you pulled that crap at R Place where the store is the law, things would get ugly if the store doesn't know you. Then again, if there was a rabid bunny in the frozen food section, you'd be ready.

I've run into mountain lions, bobcats, rattle snakes, and coyotes, but all in California. [Cattle roam most of the parks, but they are dehorned.] I have nothing but a big stick, and need nothing but a big stick. [Bears would be the exception.] All I've met in person in Nevada are those cute little bunnies, and not the ones along route 95. Chuck managed to get up close and personal with a mountain lion, which he ended up whacking with a tire iron. I've seen bones on the trail to Tikaboo, so some critter became lunch. However, all I saw on the trail were bunnies.

I always suggest people use a walking stick if only to make enough hard contact with the ground to let the critters know you are coming, especially snakes. Soft soled shoes don't make much of an impact on the ground.

In Reply to: Re: Question pertaining to Tikaboo peak and ATV's posted by Frank Stamm on March 08, 2005 at 5:44:55 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]