Yeah Ive heard that one before

Message posted by Dude on March 06, 2005 at 3:21:33 PST:

Yes we do need to develop vaccines and antidotes but what if everyone didnt have the weapons in the first place? Well okay lets forget that but the truth is we can do little to stop such an attack if it occurs but if we have good intelligence capabilities we may be able to prevent it. I wouldnt worry about Iran too much because of the retaliation by us afterwards. There was also recently a real terrorist based in Texas who had some chemical weapons already deployed until he was caught and that was just due to an informant, didnt hear about that one did you? In any case you wont be affected, these guys are after NYC
and especially Washington for reasons I already explained. The problem is accidents in these bioweapons labs occur all the time i.e. an anthrax release at a lab in russia killed over 100 people in the nearby town. There are quite a few scientist doing this kind of research now and its not all defensive. The agents they work with many times have no antedotes or treatments. There has already been one lab closed down because of poor containment. If you want to defend against these weapons you must also face the risk of being maimed or killed by their accidental release, that is a fact, one that is not publicized. Try spending less time on the list and reading a book like Factories of Death which is all about the US government, the Japanese and the history of bioweapons.
If you understand the history you can better understand what is coming instead of babbling about how we need vaccines LOL. That is obvious, what is not obvious is the dual edge that that sword has. Try thinking about what the implications of this massive program is i.e what about funds for basic scientific research that this administration in washington is cutting, what does this do to our treat obligations, what will our enemies do in response and on and on. This is not a simple issue as you have said.
Try getting more facts and thinking about them before sounding off.

In Reply to: Re: The Real Skinny on Biowarfare and its not at Nellis + Nellis Scoop posted by ShadowHat on March 05, 2005 at 22:26:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]