Re: AREA 51 - Not So Secret

Message posted by Rocketfox on March 15, 2001 at 17:09:16 PST:

All right, here's my half cents worth: and A51 related, too

National Security is all well and good, when it swerves the public interest.

Same as it was in the Middle Ages it's still true to this day.

But. it's questionable when it comes to the point of deliberately harming and injuring
individuals, as in the example mentioned previously.

No, a private corporation could not get away with concealing the materials a worker is exposed to, as the Government has the power to wield it's considerable might and force the issue legally.

but A president, by executive order has the power to deny due recourse to afflicted individual in the interest of National Security.
In fact, Two Presidents, in this particular case. I sincerely doubt it's the first time, either

It seem to me in my limited view that there is little to cain by concealing the exact nature of chemicals that the workers were exposed to, and they could have been treated medically at a secure facility, Lord knows we have enough of those.

But No.

Having had a cleareance or two, I do know that there are things that have to be kept from our enemies, whoever they may be.

And if that means keeping the same information from the public that provides the funding to produce the research, the materials, the systems, the parts, and the toys,

that's a cost of the world as it is.

But it should be be at the cost of the people that work hard and faithfully for the country.

They deserve better than that.

I feel it's a perversion of the process, and a coverup of errors that the Government does not want to admit, even to this day.

If the members of Congress can be briefed on Intelligence matters in an In-Camera session, would it not have been taking the moral high road for a court to be appointed, and evidence listened to in a restricted setting?

At least the victims would have had some measure of redress, and National Security would have been preserved.

Finally, regarding the current activity at A51.

Based on documented past performance, interesting things are afoot there. There is in many of us the desire to obtain special information, withoutresorting to extralegal means, in the pursuit of knowledge.

We may camp on your doorstep, but we do not activly interfere in your operations. We may peer from a distance, and at our own risk, but we do not follow you home from work, do not record your liscence plate numbers, and call you in the middle of the night.
No, we limit our activities, { or most of us} to that which the rules allow, which should be the right of every citizen, to keep watchful eyes on the state of our Government.

"Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Freedom." Not just a hackneyed phrase, but a truth in any society. Not just to guard from the enemies from without, but also those from within..

Regards to all who work for the good of our country.
and Confusion to our enemies...

R*

In Reply to: Re: AREA 51 - Not So Secret posted by Thud on March 15, 2001 at 13:02:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]