Re: AREA 51 - Not So Secret, but Secrets can kill

Message posted by Sturmwehr on March 15, 2001 at 11:03:39 PST:

Yes national security is needed, but let me ask you something:

Let's say you worked at Area 51, and all of a sudden had weird symptoms and diseases no one's ever heard of. The doctors tell you it can be treated, but they have to know what you where exposed to.
O.K., since you are a patriotic American you go to your government for help; "Please Mr. General, I'm dying. I worked at Area 51, and I have a rare disease. The doctors need to know what chemical substance I was exposed to."
"Area 51? I've never heard of anything called that, by the way you don't exist, you saw nothing."

Now doesn't this seem rather familiar? Seems that is what happened to a few regular Americans that worked at Area 51, after they went to the government (and where shunned) they started one of the biggest lawsuits ever. The government COULD have helped them by using military doctors, telling the military doctors what the substance was, and could have even given a sample of the stuff. Then everything is kept secret. But no, in the "gratitude" of our government several people died that could have been saved.

Yeah secrecy is great, but when you abuse it it's different. Area 51 operators where using secrecy to bypass federal law. Like burning hazardous materials in the wind-receiving end of the base. Sure, I'd like to know what the trillions of our tax dollars do, but I for one know that we are better off not knowing.

Oh, as for another thing, the public owns Area 51. The PUBLICS' tax dollars paid for EVERY cent that went into Area 51. Sure the Department of Defense "paid" for it with the nations budget, but you know where that money comes from? My parents, my neighbors, my friends, my teachers, my fellow Americans. So don't you for one second consider Area 51 the Department of Defense's building. We paid for it.

Also I wouldn't mind secrecy if they just woke up to how stupid they are. Before 1994 Area 51 didn't officially exist. THIS IS A BASE THAT IS VIEWABLE FROM PUBLIC LAND. If I go to Rachel right now I could point to the damned thing, and say "That's a top secret base". Yet…. in the "genius" of the military they denied its existence. Now I know the U.S. military are ignorant fools, but even they should know when they push it. So in reality, that's the nation's doorstep. Not yours.

Now I truthfully in my opinion believe that what's going on at Area 51 is truly very mundane. I highly doubt aliens are coming to earth to work with us. They are supposedly MUCH more advanced than us. I don't think they'd come 10 million light years just to do a technology exchange and tell us how to improve our technology. What could we give them in return? "Well you gave us a flying saucer… here's a Honda Accord"? Like they need that. Anything we gave them would be a recreational invention most likely. And truthfully I don't think Zeta Reeitulians are the ones to party down and smoke pot and get wasted. Their world is most likely like a Utopia. But, I'm just speculating.

In Reply to: AREA 51 - Not So Secret posted by krakow on March 15, 2001 at 5:45:32 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]