Oh no, you're one of "them".. OK, in-depth rebuttal...ctxt

Message posted by Steve Amerson on October 29, 2000 at 13:49:16 EST:

Gary,
First of all, the first military appropriations bill sent to Congress by Bush would contain a myriad of new proposals that would and could contain certain R&D supports for Groom and others. Of course, the main budget would most certainly be upgraded also with a more defense oriented administration like Bush's. BTW, of course I followed the debates. The 6 yr. military budget increases that Bush proposes deals mainly with the IMPLENTATION of a missile defense project, not R&D. I'll guarantee you that Groom and many other bases will get far LESS attention under a Gore admin. With me understanding the liberal philosophies well, Gore may have more money for the Defense dept, but it will not be for R&D, but would be more targeted to "feel good" overseas missions to wipe more baby's behinds in Bosnia for another 5 years. What a laugh. Why do you think that the US military rank and file is supporting Bush 2 to 1 over Gore?
Now on the Yucca Mt... You are FUNNY!!! So you think Gore is honest and beyond a back room deal, huh? Take your liberal college blinders off..Where have you been in the last 6 months. I wouldn't believe a word the man said, and believe me I am from his home state and voted for him twice as my local rep. and Sen... I invite you to read the account from Alan Simpson,(former Repub. Sen. from Wyoming), about Gore's vote on the Gulf War. It was witnessed by several people including Samm Nunn,(Democrat for Georgia). He would only agree to vote FOR the Gulf war resolution if he got 20 minutes in prime time TV coverage on the Senate floor. This was to boost his future presidential run against Clinton..That's pretty low, trading your vote on American lives for a TV spot, but is typical with the liar that we in Tennessee now know and love. Do you HONESTLY believe that Gore will propose placing the waste elsewhere? Of course not..He will propose putting the waste wherever the defense contractors that have supported the DNC, TELL him to put it. Yucca mt. is a prime place for it and unless it is definitely proven that there is groundwater contamination, then get ready for it. Bush will do the same, so neither are saviours for Yucca mt., nor should they be. It has to go somewhere, and that is a pretty remote place. NTS is ruined anyway.
You have bought the liberal line, hook line and sinker. Houston is NOT the smoggiest city in the US. Los Angeles holds that title. Houston has AT TIMES had a higher rate of ozone. Also, Houston has always been smoggy and was even worse under former Dem. Gov. Ann Richards admin. You are welcome to check this out. Houston air has always been crappy for years back. They used to call it "the smell of money". So I guess you think that all of this pollution just "appeared" under the Bush admin? Get real. The Rand school study that you mentioned was not an official Rand report but was a short 14 page addendum that was released last week from liberal sympathizers for Gore within the Rand corp. It was NOT sanctioned by Rand. Of course, you neglect to mention that the real, "offical" Rand report that was released some time back was very favorable to Texas. Even this new 14 page "study" said that Texas exceeded the national average in schools, but said that it just wasn't as great a percentage as Bush said. Is that the best that you can do?
Don't even mention the foreign influence of other countries on the Clinton/Gore admin. and try and compare in to a future Bush admin. Need I say more, or do you need an explanation on that? Qualified engineers are always available for these types of projects. So I guess you are saying that under a Gore administration, the economy may dip enough for the domestic engineers to becom available? Ha ha..
The fact is that Gore is a known liar in his home state. The current MSNBC/Zogby poll has Bush at 53% and Gore at 42% in a statewide TENNESSEE poll!! What does that tell you? Do you HONESTLY believe him when he says anything, or do you wonder if which ALGORE is talking to you and which poll or focus group he read that morning? Is it "Alpha male-Al","Preacher-Al","Contrite-Al","wooden-Al", or "Smilin' Al every kiddie's pal"?
Think about it not as a bleeding heart liberal for a minute, but as an honest American. Do you REALLY trust the man for a thing he has ever stood for? Now don't give me the old Wellstone line that "you can't trust any of 'em". I am asking DO YOU TRUST ALBERT GORE ALONE? I can tell you, after 16 years of his Tennessee flip-flopping, I will never again...Guns aside. Steve Amerson

In Reply to: Re: I don't know about that, but.... posted by Gary on October 29, 2000 at 12:39:06 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]