Re: Whats the best month for red flag

Message posted by lone wolf on February 04, 2005 at 19:24:13 PST:

Check the schedule on this site for the players. I think all aircraft are exciting, but if you were on the hill near Coyote and a Falcon flew by, you might notice the usual suspects not taking a photograph unless it was really really close. Now a Tornado, AMX, F111, and AV8 is a different story. These are planes you would never see in the US.

I showed up once for the opening day (orientation). If the flag has night and day exercises, I believe all the players fly during the day for orientation. [I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong about that.] So you would in theory see more planes on day one. However, the planes weren't flying all that low. The real key would be knowing when the high game versus low game was scheduled. The British Tornadoes are notorious for low flying. I think the pilots have a death wish.

My belief is you need to be there for at least 3 days to insure you get one day of low flying (i.e good photography). Sometimes bad weather is your friend, that is, they want to fly under the deck. However, if the weather is too bad, they won't fly at all.

In Reply to: Re: Whats the best month for red flag posted by BT on February 04, 2005 at 19:11:05 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]