Re: Chuck - Saw Ya On TV

Message posted by lone wolf on January 17, 2005 at 13:28:13 PST:

If this is the show I am thinking of, then I think it was weak at best. Chuck came off fine, but there was stuff in the show that would have those in the know rolling in the isles. For instance, the radio expert and the security expert are cowering behind some pole that they think is the border by the back gate, when the real border is about 150ft further back. Then they think they are monitoring the cammo dudes on the radio, when really it is that fox4 range frequency. The cammo dudes are on an EDACS pro-voice trunk radio system that can't easily be monitored.

That show was so bad that after watching it, BlackF150, Magoo and myself decided to have a cookout and campfire right next to the back gate fence that the security expert wouldn't touch.

I had some woman from LA ask me to sherpa a trip up Tikabo for one of these documentaries. First of all, I crawl up Tikaboo, so I would be a lousy guide. She told me the planned date, I checked the sun&moon info and said it wasn't a good time. [This is really easy to check if you have your GPS handy.] Hey, that didn't matter, it was on the schedule. Then I asked if they would do multiple trips up Tikaboo in the hopes of seeing a test. Well, it turns out the trip itself was all they wanted to film. The plan was to pan a still image of the base for detail. Since I had done two solo Tikaboo hikes the month before and these people seemed to already have the script written, I turned it down.

In Reply to: Chuck - Saw Ya On TV posted by Mike on January 17, 2005 at 10:00:38 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]