More on the UAV into A 51

Message posted by Watcher on January 08, 2005 at 15:25:58 PST:

The idea is very possible, but there are limits as to what you can get with normal "over the counter" radio controls. The max range that is available on modern RC controls for airplanes is only about 1/4 mile, so the idea of having to stand there and pilot in via radio to a CCT TV is a little out of the question.

However if someone had the time and funding, as proposed in the past chain of bulletins, it would be possible to send 2 or more fast... and I do mean really fast... moving craft into the area. keep yourself tucked into a Uhaul or a nice camper with radio equipment and TV's and it can be done, but it would take a team of about 20 to get the feat accomplished.

As far as the aircraft go, the airframe would have to be as low observable as can be, going in half cocked and expecting that their radar cannot pick up something like an RC plane is ludicrus. Keep the plane in the shape of a flying wing or even a knock off of the "hopeless diamond", and you could be able to get in and out pretty well, and Im not sure, but I dont think radar can pick up on balsa wood that well.

Did I also mention speed and contol on them. You will need them to be able to hit speeds up to 300 mph to get in and out fast enough, and have to fly extremely low, as in 5 to 10 feet of the ground. 50 miles is a lot of terrain to cover. (25 there and 25 back, if you can make it back) Also, using propellers on the aircraft... bad idea, turning blades make a really nice radar return. So if anyone can design it, use the stealth traits as your plan.

Detonating the aircraft is pretty easy job, hollywood special effects use priming wire (if that is the correct term) to "cut" things apart before they blow them up. This priming wire burns at a rate of like 4 miles a second and can cut the plane to bits before the explosion finishes it off, turning it into may may splinters.

By my calculations, 20 people and about $25,000 you can pull it off. But just be ready to be bubbas boyfriend if you get caught. But god speed and good luck in your task if you go for it.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]