Re: Writer Inquiry- Why The Fascinaton?

Message posted by JimK on October 25, 2004 at 16:57:02 PST:

For me it's not Area 51 so much as what's around it. I don't believe that there are aliens all over the universe who just can't wait to fly to Nevada and crash on Area 51. I mostly search for old military plane crash sites usually on the east side of Area 51 in the Meadow Valley area. I realise sometimes people died at those sites and believe that these sites should be cared for as monuments. I have worked on commercial aircraft for 20 years and don't need or want broken parts. It is the search that interests me. I enjoy hiking in the desert looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. When I was in college I did a lot of caving and after a while realised that the search for the cave interested me as much as the actual cave. It is the same with the planes. Read Tom Mahood's "Hunt for 928" article to get a feel for it. Probably what you are going to find is that there are many interesting things concentrated in the Area 51 area and that each person has there own interests that just happen to coincide geographically.

In Reply to: Writer Inquiry- Why The Fascinaton? posted by Curious George on October 25, 2004 at 12:28:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]